This week on the blog I am manifesting S P R I N G off the mat.
Oh the weather outside has been frightful...can we agree? We are technically in our Spring season, however Chicago has been holding on to Winter. I do believe seasonal depression is a thing, and I think I experience the ebbs and flows of it. Often times I ask myself "why do I live in Chicago?" and the answer continues to remain the same. My family, my friends and the seasons. I have the flexibility to take my business and career anywhere, but Chicago continues to be my home sweet home.
I am grateful for these past two days in Chicago where it has authentically felt like Spring! Climbing out of hibernation and doing some of my favorite spring activities makes me fall in love with Chicago all over again.
FAVORITE THINGS TO DO IN THE SPRING TIME
- Go for a walk - the moment the weather is nice enough to go for a walk I am happy camper. Whether it is through the Lincoln Park Zoo, along the 606 trail or in our quant Lincoln Square neighborhood, walking is gratifying.
- Aromatherapy - candles, essential oils, take a bath, buy myself flowers
- Watch the sunset - with the time change the days are longer and I get home in time from work to enjoy watching the sunset (almost) every day from my loft apartment.
- Spring cleaning - My fiancé and I try to keep our apartment/home/sanctuary clean and tidy. We believe when we feel good in our home, we feel good in our skin.
- Jump in rain puddles - "April showers bring May flowers".
- Sage cleansing - One of my favorite things to do on the weekends is jam to some vinyls and sage our home.
What are some of your favorite Spring activities? Comment below and share!